CASA Two Program
CMS offers a preschool montessori program for students in a safe, friendly, and caring environment. We accept students into the program anytime throughout the year, provided they are toilet trained, and there is space available. We offer a flexible program.
CASA students may attend three to five full-days or half-days per week.
Our CASA program focuses on the development of the whole child – following the Montessori Method of education – and adheres to the strict guidelines outlined by the Canadian Association of Montessori Teachers. The main areas of focus are:
- Practical life
- Sensorial education
- Cultural studies
- Science instruction and exploration
- Language arts
- Arts (music and visual art)
- Computer skills
- Monthly field trips and classroom guests enhance the students’ educational and social experiences
- CASA students have regular outdoor play in a private playground adjacent to the CASA classrooms
- Students are encouraged to initiate their own play allowing strengthening of physical and social skills
- Students bring a bagged lunch
- Afternoon snacks are provided
- Morning snacks are provided by a different student each day
- (a calendar is posted each month for each child’s “snack day”)
- Drinks are provided
- Naptime is not mandatory for our preschool students, however our facility is equipped with cots if children require a nap
- Parents supply their child’s blanket and pillow for naptime
The CASA classes are created with the preschool child in mind. Through size-appropriate furniture and materials, students interact both together and independently to develop their language abilities, analytical thinking, and motor skills.